Are you ready for some football???
I know I am.
I’ve been waiting all summer for the return of NFL play. When the fall rolls around, everyone in my house becomes a slave to the TV when the Chicago Bears are on Sunday Nights Football. Of course, we cheer the loudest when our favorite player, Devin Hester, does his thing!
He’s the king of Special Teams! He really puts his opponents through some serious abuse. I mean, check out some of his amazing records – they alone make the case for his supremacy on the field, and these aren’t even all of his stats!
- Most regular season kick and punt return touchdowns in a career: 17
- Kickoff return touchdowns in a game: 2 (Chicago Bears at St. Louis Rams, December 11, 2006)
- Combined kick return touchdowns in a season: 6 (2007) (4 punts, 2 kickoffs)
- Combined kick return touchdowns for a rookie in a season: 5 (2006) (3 punts, 2 kickoffs)
- Combined kick return touchdowns in a single game: 2, twice
- 2, Chicago Bears at St. Louis Rams, December 11, 2006 (2 kickoffs)
- 2, Chicago Bears vs. Denver Broncos, November 25, 2007 (1 punt, 1 kickoff)
- Non-offensive touchdowns in a season: 6, twice
- 6, 2006 (3 punts, 2 kickoffs, 1 missed field goal)
- 6, 2007 (4 punts, 2 kickoffs)
Chicago Bears Franchise Records:
- Most regular season kick and punt return touchdowns: 17
- Most kickoff return yards in a game: 225 yards (vs St. Louis, December 11, 2006)
- Most punt return yards in a game: 152 yards (vs Arizona, October 16, 2006)
- Most punt return yards in a season: 651 yards (2007 season)
- Longest play: 108 yards (vs New York Giants on November 12, 2006)
Plus… drumroll, please… I just found out that he actually lives right here in Gurnee, Illinois!